Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Inspiration


We normally associate the source of inspiration from either a very senior person or from a very accomplished person.
Yesterday I met a young entrepreneur who is setting up his enterprise all by himself, with little help and I must say, I emerged inspired and motivated. This is what I heard from him:
1. Sir, there was once a time when I would hate Mondays. This was the time when I was employed by a company. Monday meant catching up with piled up work. Today I look forward to Mondays. In fact I begin my Mondays an hour earlier than usual. On Sunday evening itself I would begin gearing myself, so that I hit Mondays on my feet and running. I no longer fear Mondays. It's my favorite day.
2. I have learnt to value every rupee. Earlier I wouldn't think much of spending even Rs. 2000/- on an evening out. Today I feel for even a Rs. 100/- that I spend. I feel if I were to put it into my business, it would be be put to better use.
3. I have learnt humility. Today I answer  even a pesky call center with politeness, because I've understood how it feels to be rejected and undervalued. I also give a patient ear to any salesperson walking into my office.
4. I have learnt to optimize my time towards ensuring the fulfillment of my business goals. I no longer regret the lack of holidays, missing night-outs with friends, skipping movies. Because all the time I have, every day including weekends I put into my work. I'm constantly thinking up ideas and working them through. I feel productive, charged and I don't regret the decision I took.
5. I understand finances and profitability like never before. If my business doesn't give me a 20% return PBT, in the long term, then I have the understanding that my investments are safer and better utilized in an FD.
I wish that young man the very best. May his tribe grow.
Vijay Bavaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment